Thursday, April 2, 2009

Happy (Early) Birthday Brody


My Dad came to town for work yesterday so he took us to dinner. We never know when his work schedule will bring him back so he went ahead and got Brody an early (a month early) birthday present. Brody really wanted a tricycle, really, he did. Bostons bike is to big, although he tries to make it work. Also, he always tries to take the neighbor kids tricycle and throws the biggest fit when I have to pull him off because the kid wants it back. So we went to WalMart after dinner and got him this new tricycle. We also got Boston some new cars to pacify him, which he was so grateful for. Brody LOVES his new tricycle! He went crazy when it was time for him to go to bed because he didn't want to leave the bike. Brody likes it when we lay down next to his crib and hold his little hand through the bars, so I put the bikes handle bars through the crib bars and told him to hold his hand. He held on tight and I didn't hear a peep. Thank You Grandpa and Grandma!

9 comments:

Stacey said...

You are such a smart mom! I would have never thought to put the bars through the crib! I can totally see little Brody holding on. Cute.

Heidi said...

Love the idea of putting the handle bars through the crib! So funny!

I'm glad he got a new bike. I love having things that the kids can do outside. He'll have to come down here and ride it on that giant slab of concrete we call a (runway) driveway. It's perfect for kids who don't like to stay on the sidewalk.

Oh & who doesn't love an early birthday!? Happy early birthday Brody!

Heather Ashby said...

I totally missed your birthday and never called you back. Still friends? Can you spare an hour or so the weekend of the 25th for the Ashby's?
xo

Kristen said...

We are getting Kenny a tricycle for his birthday too! That is too funny! We're not planning on heading to Utah soon, but Sean just passed through coming down, and will be going back up to Idaho in a week. It's to bad we don't live close together anymore...I think Kenny and your little Brody would be friends! You want to hear something funny? Kenny was going to be named Brody for a little while (It was the name Gordon liked)

Anya said...

That is sooo sweet!!! I love being a mom, and having those sweet little moments that some years from now we will look back and wished our kids were that sweet and little for just a day.

Angela said...

That is so cute, I love that Brody held onto the handle bar to help fall asleep, so precious!

Leah Remillet said...

That is hilarious! You are a genious! Way to think of that one!

Brooke said...

what cutie patooties! Happy early bday Brody. Can't wait to meet you! Joanna, can you email me your phone number so I can call you when we come up in June?? Or, I can email you too :)

Anonymous said...

I've out of the blogging world for awhile and just checked out yours. Jo...your boys are getting so big! And very handsome!!! I can't believe Brody will be 2 soon!!! We miss you guys!