Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Train! A Train! A Train! A Train!


I thought I'd give a little Boston update today. If you know one thing about Boston it's that he is obsessed with "choo choo ains." For Christmas he got toys from Santa that weren't trains (since he already had plenty of them) after he got done unwrapping everything he just layed down next to the train under the tree and proceeded to play with that, leaving the brand new toys just sitting there not played with (Shane's thinking he will return them). Where ever we go he sees something to do with trains. White picked fence, there is an excited point and a yell, "CHOO CHOO TRACKS!" Literally a one track mind.
All he ever wants to eat is pancakes although he loves chips in his sandwiches. The worry about his unquenchable thirst have been put to rest by two blood samples and a urine sample. NO diabetes! It still makes potty training very difficult, considering he has a constant stream. I've tryed many different things but have to just accept the fact we are spending a fortune in diapers. As a mother, I just can't deny him water.
His speech is coming along very quickly. He says new words everyday, or maybe I'm just understanding new words every day. I have to say it is hilarious to hear what is in that little brain of his. When he was a baby Shane and I always wondered what he was thinking about, now we know, TRAINS. His favorite book is Green Eggs and Ham. As I wake up in the morning it runs through my head. He also quotes Polar Express, which is pretty funny.
He obviously looks just like Shane, and has his temper to. I know what your thinking, Shane doesn't have a temper, put him around me or Boston and yes he does (there is something about us that really ruffles his feathers). Boston will be playing in the basement and all of a sudden you'll here screaming and big crashes. He has thrown his train and all across the room and against the wall, usually because it's not cooperating with his wishes. Sometimes he'll just go on playing without another word.
I love to watch him learn and figure things out himself. He is so smart! He copy's us very well. For example; he'll put his toy of the moment down with a blanket then come to me whispering "shshshs, choo choo ninite." Then about 5 seconds later a surprised look and "choo choo crying" then runs over to the train and holds it on his chest, "choo choo, numies." It's so funny! I have to say my favorite is when he thinks it all up himself, thinking out of the box. He still is sensitive to rough housing and even PDA, he has gotten better at not getting upset when I get my hug and kisses when Shane has come home from work. Anything more than that is a disaster. Any ideas why? Jealousy? Well, here is a picture of him at our Easter egg hunt at the house.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Too funny! I feel like I am reading my own post about Noah. Seriously, trains are so hot right now ;) Trains and cars all day long. It drives me a little bonkers sometimes because I have absolutely no interest in trains! Also, we read probably 6 Dr. Seuss books a day. He loves Green Eggs and Ham as well but his favorite is the Cat in the Hat and Hop on Pop. Have you taken Boston to see 'Horton Hears a Who'? Noah was on the edge of his seat the entire movie, he loved it. Lastly, I'm glad to know that Boston throws his toys too.

Brooke said...

So, I'm a little relieved that you can't catch all the details of our lives because I am so paranoid of psychos on here :) I would love to email you. Email me first at my junk mail email and then I use my real email. It's brookesjunkmail@gmail.com
I love that picture of the four of you. Tell me, what is it like to have 2 kids? Madness? I'm really excited but nervous at the same time. I guess that's natural. My due date is officially Apr 7. BUT... I really want her to come on the 1 or 2 because all of our birth dates are on the 1 or 2. Strange of me huh? I'm going to my doc appoint. this morning and I'll see if she'll induce me on Tues or Wed. Not only so she is born on that date but my mom is already here and most importantly Cody's schedule is hard to work around ( I def. want him their for the birth!) Email me!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jo!!! I hope you have a great day because a sweet person like you deserves it!
I love the pic. of Boston!

Leah Remillet said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day!! Have fun with Shane - no kids, Nordstrom and delicious food, Could life get any better? I think not!
Boston is so big! I can't believe it, I need to see pics of both boys! Update soon!

sarawhat said...

JOanna! I'm so glad you found me! I asked heather on myspace like 6 months ago if you had a blog. It is so weird to see pics of boston now....i remember him so little. He's darling! Matt applied to the airforce after graduation from BYUH to go in as an officer. It's a really competitive program and we didn't know if he would get in. He took their officer candidate exam and did AMAZING and that with his really good GPA and a really thorough backround investigation got him in! So he's an officer in the airforce and we're living in Florida right now while he's going through training for Air Battle Managment. We love it here and are really liking military life so far. Chase was born in July of last year, making us into a family of 4. So yeah, we're good. How are you??? Another baby for you too! That's great. How old is he? Lets see some more pics.